Personal Independence Payment

Personal Independence Payment (PIP)

You can make a new Personal Independence Payment PIP claim by calling the Department for Work and Pensions DWP.

  • Someone else can call on your behalf, but you’ll need to be with them when they call.
  • There are also other ways to claim if you find it difficult to use a telephone.

Claim by telephone or textphone

Before you call, you will need to have the following information handy:

  • your correct contact details, for example, telephone number & address
  • your date of birth
  • your National Insurance number - this can be found on letters about tax, pensions and benefits etc
  • your bank or building society account number and sort code
  • your doctor GP or other health worker’s name, address, and telephone number
  • dates and addresses for any time you’ve spent abroad, in a care home or hospital

once you have all this to hand you may then call the Personal Independence Payment claims line.

Monday to Friday, 8am to 6pm