Jobcentre Plus is a government agency whose main purpose is to assist those of working age on welfare or unemployed into work and aid Worthing companies to fill their jobs. Jobcentre Plus is part of the Department of Work and Pensions whose goal is to provide opportunities for all to work.
Things The Jobcentre Plus Can Help You with
- Jobcentre or Jobcentre plus is a government-run Organisation
- The official government website can be found by following this link: Jobcentre plus
- You can find jobs using their job terminals which list up to the minute vacancies across the country.
- Not only that but this is where you come to collect your jobseekers allowance each week to support you while you are out of work.
- Job Centre Plus provides help and support for those looking for work and those looking for employees. Part of the Department for Work and Pensions.
- It is a government agency supporting people of working age from welfare into work, and helping employers to fill their vacancies.
The agency was formed when the Employment Service, which operated Jobcentres, merged with the Benefits Agency, which ran social security offices, and was re-branded as Jobcentre Plus on 1 April 2002. It is an executive agency of the Department for Work and Pensions (DWP) and reports directly to the Minister of State for Employment and Welfare Reform. The current Minister is Chris Grayling MP. Jobcentre Plus advertises job vacancies for employers by using a computer system called LMS (Labour Market System) which can be accessed by customers through Job points (touch-screen computer terminals) and via the Jobcentre Plus website and the telephone service Jobseeker Direct (0845 60 60 234). It also administers claims for benefits such as Jobseeker's Allowance, Incapacity Benefit, Employment and Support Allowance and Income Support. The forerunners of the Jobcentre Plus were the government-run Labour Exchanges,...