What is the Department of Labor and Employment? (DOLE)

The Dole, is essentially just another name for Jobseeker's Allowance JSA is an unemployment benefit that you can claim while you are looking for work in the UK- You can find out how to apply online on this website, as well as the new style JSA, find out if you are eligible to make a claim, you can also find out the current rates.

Search All The Good Jobs On CV LibraryThe agency was formed when the Employment Service, which operated Jobcentres, merged with the Benefits Agency, which ran social security offices, and was re-branded as Jobcentre Plus on 1 April 2002. It is an executive agency of the Department for Work and Pensions (DWP) and reports directly to the Minister of State for Employment and Welfare Reform. The current Minister is Chris Grayling MP. Jobcentre Plus advertises job vacancies for employers by using a computer system called LMS (Labour Market System) which can be accessed by customers through Job points (touch-screen computer terminals) and via the Jobcentre Plus website and the telephone service Jobseeker Direct (0845 60 60 234). It also administers claims for benefits such as Jobseeker's Allowance, Incapacity Benefit, Employment and Support Allowance, and Income Support. The forerunners of the Jobcentre Plus were the government-run Labour Exchanges,

find your local jobcentre

You can apply for Jobseekers Allowance to help you when you’re looking for work.